Online notarization, also referred to as Remote Online Notarization (RON), is the process of having documents notarized electronically over the internet. Instead of being physically present with a notary public to get documents notarized, signers can complete the process entirely online using video chat and digital signature technology.
Here’s How Online Notarization Works:
- The signer and notary connect through a video call and verify each other’s identity using photo ID and credential analysis.
- The signer electronically signs the documents by placing their digital signature or using an electronic signature pad.
- The notary witnesses the signing process in real-time through the video call and affixes their electronic notary seal and signature to the documents.
- The parties receive a recording of the signing session and electronically signed and notarized copies of the documents.
Online notarization provides the same legal validity as traditional in-person notarization in many states across the U.S. It enables remote online completion of real estate closings, affidavits, loan signings, and other important legal documents.
Discover Why Attorneys Are Choosing Online Notarization Service
One of the biggest reasons attorneys are switching to online notarization is convenience. Attorneys no longer have to coordinate in-person meetings or waste time driving to a physical notary.
Instead, attorneys can use their laptop, tablet, or mobile device to get documents notarized anytime, anywhere. As long as the signer has internet access and ID verification, the notarization can take place regardless of location.
This allows attorneys to accommodate client schedules. Also, attorneys can get documents notarized on their own time, without disrupting their schedule or requiring the signer to be physically present. This flexibility and accessibility is a major benefit that more attorneys are taking advantage of.
The entire RON process can be completed remotely in minutes with a few clicks.
Once the signer and notary log into the video conference platform, they can immediately get started with the electronic document signing. There is no wait time for people to arrive or shuffle through paper documents.
The signer simply needs to verify their identity, review the documents on screen, electronically sign them with an e-signature, and have the notary witness and notarize the signature.
Attorneys find remote notarization saves them substantial time compared to in-person meetings. Virtual notary platforms are designed for maximum efficiency, allowing attorneys to notarize documents in minutes rather than hours. This improved efficiency allows attorneys to get documents signed and notarized incredibly fast, keeping deals moving swiftly.
RON can significantly reduce the costs associated with traditional notarization processes for both attorneys and clients.
Attorneys no longer need to block off parts of their day for notarization appointments, as online notary services allow documents to be notarized quickly at the time of the client’s convenience and remotely. Some online notary platforms, like eNotary On Call, offer very affordable notarization costs.
For just $25, you can get your online document notarized. Furthermore, eNotary On Call occasionally offers awe-inspiring discounts, so you can sign documents with impressive savings!
Improved Client Service
Virtual notarization allows attorneys to provide a better client experience by reducing delays and turnaround times. Clients today expect fast and convenient legal services. With online notary services, attorneys can get documents signed and notarized virtually on the same day and in a few minutes.
This allows attorneys to complete time-sensitive matters for clients much faster than with traditional ink-signed notarization. Clients appreciate the faster turnaround time since it means their legal needs are met promptly. Being able to offer a quick and easy digital notarization option is a great way for attorneys to improve client satisfaction.
Remote Online Notary platforms utilize the highest standards of identity verification, document security, and recording integrity. Notaries are able to validate signers’ identities remotely through multi-factor authentication, typically requiring government-issued photo ID, knowledge-based authentication, and facial recognition. Some top online notary platforms, including eNotary On Call, even capture audio/video recordings and IP addresses as additional verification layers.
Documents are secured to prevent tampering or alterations. Upon session completion, the notary applies an electronic seal and signature, then transmits the recording and documents to be registered on an immutable ledger. This creates an encrypted audit trail that remains verifiable and accessible indefinitely.
By leveraging the latest encryption, biometrics, and distributed ledger technology, RON enhances security and reduces the risks of fraud compared to traditional paper-based notarization. Attorneys can rest assured that their transactions are authenticated and recorded in the most secure manner possible.
Remote Notary Services Compliance
RON complies with state and federal laws and regulations. Some key points:
- In 2018, a law called the Valid Act established a federal framework for Remote Online Notarization (RON) across the U.S. This law allows it as long as it complies with processes in the framework.
- Many states have passed laws and regulations allowing online notarization. As of 2023, over 44 states have authorized it, with more states continually passing online notary laws.
- Some states require additional steps like multi-factor authentication or having a live in-person witness. RON platforms can be customized to meet any state’s specific regulations.
So attorneys can be confident that virtual notary services is legally valid. As long as proper processes are followed, RON meets both state laws and federal standards under the Valid Act framework.
Online notary platforms increase access for people with disabilities.
- Clients who are deaf, blind, or have limited mobility can fully participate in notarizations without the need to travel to an office or arrange for a notary to visit their home.
- Video sessions allow clients using sign language to interact directly with the online notary. Screen reader software makes the process accessible to blind users.
- Those with limited mobility no longer need to leave their homes to access notarial services.
Overall, Remote Online Notarization breaks down barriers for people with disabilities. The online format creates a more inclusive, accessible notarization process compared to traditional in-person notarizations. More attorneys are adopting online notary services to better serve clients of all abilities.
Adoption Trends of Online Notary Services
RON has seen rapid growth and adoption among legal professionals in recent years. According to the American Society of Notaries (https://www.asnnotary.org/), the number of transactions increased by over 500% from 2019 to 2020.
The trends show no signs of slowing down. Analysts project the global online document notarization market to grow at a CAGR of over 25% from 2022 to 2028 as more states approve laws and lawyers become comfortable with the technology.
eNotary On Call: Top Provider of Remote Online Notarization
Virtual document notarization technology has rapidly advanced in recent years, with several industry leaders emerging. Here’s why eNotary On Call is among the top online notarization platforms for attorneys:
- eNotary On Call focuses exclusively on providing a secure Remote Online Notarization solution. The platform can be accessed globally.
- It offers a complete platform integrating identity verification, e-signatures, and remote notarization.
- It is well-known for its user-friendly interface, powerful authentication procedures, and responsive support.
- Its identity verification includes Knowledge-Based Authentication (KBA), credential analysis, and biometric identity verification.
- Allow for multiple signers from different locations to sign interrupted.
Opt for eNotary On Call for Easy Remote Online Notarization—Perfect for Attorneys!
eNotary On Call, the industry-leading platform, allows attorneys to conveniently integrate Remote Online Notarization into their existing workflows. With top-tier identity proofing and security features, it offers trusted online notary services attorneys can rely on. The user-friendly interfaces facilitate a smooth process as more firms make the switch to paperless notarization.